When I go out into the woods and practice the ‘wonderful madness’ of shamanistic ‘journeying’ I often have a wonderful ‘sense’ afterwords that is interesting and revealing.
Now, in shamanisitc ‘journeying’ I feel as if I separate from myself and go off into the blackness where I have a ‘waking dream’ that is often real. I as if ‘go somwhere’. That is, I ‘journey’. Because of this I seem to leave where I am. On returning, after I open my eyes, there are often wonderful feelings. These include:
- I feel as if I have just returned from a journey. More than once have I said that when I open my eyes its as if I have just ‘opened a door’ finding myself somewhere else different (sort of like an elevator).
- I feel as if I just ‘woke up’ and finding myself somewhere else. I guess this would be like waking up and finding yourself somewhere else than what you thought you were.
- It seems like it was a long time since I was there last. I might even say, “boy, it was a long time since I was here last”, yet it was often only a few minutes.
- I feel as if the immediate surroundings is ‘home’. This shows what’s like a ‘deep inner connection’ with my surroundings. I feel as if the stream, the tree’s, etc, are all a part of me in some way.
- Things are more vibrant. Colors, the breeze, the movement of the leaves, etc. seem so much more ‘real’ and ‘alive’.
- I often marvel at things. Watching the grass blow in the wind may seem like a miracle or watching the wonderful play of the sunlight on the surface of the water seems amazing.
- I feel as if I have changed. I don’t feel I’m the same person I was. I have always said that if I feel that I am a different person from when I started then it was productive day.
- I am often overcome by a feeling caused by something that happened in the dream. These can range from a joy to a horror. This shows that it has had great impact on me deep down.
These seem to show three patterns of reactions:
- A feeling of ‘returning’. This shows that I have gone ‘deep’.
- An increase in awareness. This shows that I have ‘progressed’ in learning and awareness.
- A change in me. This shows I have developed as a person.
To me, these are very significant and wonderful things. They are things that I prize highly and are good signs.
But, more importantly, they show a tendency of ‘deepness’ that one has been affected in ones ‘soul’. This cannot be achieved, I don’t think, by any other way. It is often like an inner transformation. As a result, there is often an ‘inner development’ that happens with shamanistic ‘journeying’. This, in part, is its function and purpose, of an ‘inner revealing’ or ‘inner disclosing’.